What Kind of Indian Are You?

October 16, 2007

1. Do you vote?

1. In the club elections? Always
  2. Hell yea
  3. They are all equally bad. What’s the use?
  4. Used to. Till they ended reservation for my caste.

2. You are stopped at a traffic light. The light turns green and you take four seconds to move. People behind you start honking. You?

1. Stop the car. Get out. Wave a middle finger at the world.
  2. Lean out of the window. Curse. Move on.
  3. Get moving. These people sometimes carry guns.
  4. Take your scooter out of the way.

3. You are stopped at a traffic light. The light turns green and the person in front takes four seconds to move. You?

1. Honk and continue honking till he moves.
  2. Honk and show him the finger.
  3. Wait patiently for him to move.
  4. Dont find it hard to drive your two wheeler out of such situations.

4. Your kid fails in the fourth standard. You?

1. Beat the crap out of him
  2. Are helpless. Could never pull him away from the playstation
  3. Talk to him and find out his psychological problems.
  4. Serves him right. Will listen to me now on.

5. Your telephone has been dead for a week and despite your repeated complaints there’s no signs of anything happening anytime soon. You?

1. Hire a supari killer
  2. Go on hunger strike outside the telephone exchange
  3. Telephone? Dead? What are you talking about dude? I just have a mobile.
  4. Crib to neighbors about it for another month when it finally gets repaired.

6. Your car gets stolen. You go to the police station and they won’t file an FIR. You?

1. Slap the officer on duty and tell him who you are
  2. They did file an FIR. I went with my cousin’s elder brother’s uncle who is the area councilor
  3. Didn’t bother. Everybody knows they don’t file such trivial complaints. I’ll buy another car. I have a lot of money.
  4. I don’t have a car

7. The neighbor just bought a Honda City. You?

1. Already own two Cities. No pun intended.
  2. Are going to pool together some money and get a Corolla next week.
  3. Are happy with your Santro
  4. Laugh. There’s no way. He’s your neighbor.

8. Mayawati?

1. Is a bitch.
  2. Sigh.
  3. Just transferred me.
  4. Is awesome. She is going to be Prime Minister.

9. Water?

1. Is not needed in my drinks.
  2. Only mineral
  3. Is rare in India. Please try to save some for the future generations.
  4. I don’t get much in my house. The neighbors have a stronger pump.

10. Politics?

1. F*cking Gandhis. They ruined the country.
  2. Gandhi family is the reason for India’s existence.
  3. I am thinking of chucking my job. Politics needs me
  4. Is a bottomless pit. They all suck.

11. Indian economy is on a roll. What do you think of that?

1. I am responsible for all this growth. I rock.
  2. Bunch of lies. Look at the millions dying of hunger
  3. Vision 2020
  4. Everything is so expensive now.

12. Indian Idol?

1. Rigged
  2. Is a waste of national time
  3. Good fun. Talented kids, mostly.
  4. What?

13. Thirteen questions in this questionnaire?

1. Didn’t notice
  2. That’s weird. Don’t care really.
  3. Thirteen shmirteen – who has the time for that these days man?
  4. That’s unlucky.

You answered mostly 1s. You?

1. India owes it to you
  2. Don’t care
  3. Are the average citizen
  4. Should be deported
  5. Are above such classification

You answered mostly 2s. You?

1. India owes it to you
  2. Don’t care
  3. Are the average citizen
  4. Should be deported
  5. Are above such classification

You answered mostly 3s. You?

1. India owes it to you
  2. Don’t care
  3. Are the average citizen
  4. Should be deported
  5. Are above such classification

You answered mostly 4s. You?

1. India owes it to you
  2. Don’t care
  3. Are the average citizen
  4. Should be deported
  5. Are above such classification

You decide what your score means!

Tags: , , , , ,

22 Responses to “ What Kind of Indian Are You? ”

1. mahendrap on October 17, 2007 at 9:43 am

Hey, that was cruel! :-)

2. amreekandesi on October 17, 2007 at 10:27 am

3. Shefaly on October 17, 2007 at 10:58 am

I don’t answer surveys since I am aware how their design can be biased towards outcomes that are based on the prejudices of the person paying for the survey (if commercial) or conducting it. :-P

4. pr3rna on October 17, 2007 at 12:59 pm

Mahendra is right.That was cruel.

5. amreekandesi on October 17, 2007 at 1:15 pm

Mahendra/Prerna – they say life is cruel, so cruel is not necessarily bad.
    As regards this, did you mean good cruel or bad cruel? or just plain stupid cruel(please dont)?

Shefali – thats always a useful approach. Neither do i. ;)

6. mahendrap on October 17, 2007 at 1:45 pm

OK, let me elaborate.

I first skimmed through the questionnaire. Then I glimpsed at the results, saying – if you answered mostly…

Then I got interested in the questionnaire. So I mentally jotted down my responses. And then I turned to the answers.

It was then that I saw that the answers were all the same. Forgive me for ranting about it but I do think that:

1. This was a complete waste of time
    2. It didn’t have anything to say
    3. It did make me a fool of myself for thinking that it was actually something meaningful.

That is why, I thought it was cruel. Does this answer your question of good cruel or bad cruel? :-)

7. mahendrap on October 17, 2007 at 1:47 pm

IMHO, this suits an email forward more than it suits a blog post. Please forgive me for being so blunt about it, the reason is I’ve come to expect more from your blog! :-)

8. amreekandesi on October 17, 2007 at 2:03 pm

Mahendra! That hit very hard.

I spent a good amount of time writing this post. It was meant more as a sarcastic/funny look at the different types of people that exist in our cities.
    Of course i cannot cover all types, so talked more about some of the extreme mindsets that exist among some people i have known myself. So as not to appear judgmental, i did not say that you are so and so if you got so many points bla bla.

You decide what your score means. Introspection. This post did not have anything to say because it wanted the readers to think.

Anyway, point taken. I guess i erred in creating this post. Your expectations will be met in the future. Apologies for wasting your time. I appreciate your frank opinion very much.

9. UrbanJunglee on October 17, 2007 at 5:52 pm

I dont quite agree with Mahendra. But then not everybody likes sarcasm.

I like this piece..its funny and insightful.

10. Vijay on October 17, 2007 at 7:40 pm

I have been following this blog for a while now, and i admire the writer. This is very creative stuff…and the comments i see here dont seem very justified.

People who call this a waste of time better be geniuses. You have no right to use such tone on somebody else’s website. If you had better things to do with your time, you shouldnt be web surfing. Everything that is written need not have some message in it. Some stuff is just for entertainment, and this post was entertaining, and like the writer said – introspective.

Keep it going AmreekanDesi!

11. amreekandesi on October 17, 2007 at 10:02 pm

Thanks UJ and Vijay!

12. What kind of an Indian are you? « The Social Blog on October 18, 2007 at 12:55 am

[…] Posted on October 18, 2007 by Aditya During my occasional blog surfing periods, I came across Amreekandesi’s post on kinds of Indians. I think it’s pretty amusing and reader’s should take the […]

13. mahendrap on October 18, 2007 at 4:39 am

AD: I came back to apologize for my extreme blunt and harsh response. I very much apologize.

Your creativity in this post is laudable. The concept is very interesting. The results being the same however, let me down, to a great extent. A lot could’ve been achieved by having different interpretations of the different results.

Once again, I apologize for my harsh comment. You’re very gifted, as is evident in your fiction and film reviews. This was a failed attempt according to me, but didn’t deserve the harsh comments I made. I’m sorry for that. Keep it up, AD. You’re doing great. I mean it.

14. amreekandesi on October 18, 2007 at 9:44 am

Mahendra – thanks for being so forthright. This was an experiment. You think it failed, i am not so sure about that.

We can all have our opinions about issues; some people fake it, some people are more straight forward. I certainly appreciate your frank comments. And thanks for the kind words :)

15. Channel [v] on October 19, 2007 at 7:55 am

Hey! We liked your post. Wondering if we could put it up on our blog about young India. or you can visit the Get Vocal section and put it up yourself. We can link back to your blog.

Thanks Guys! Please go ahead and put it up on your blog – AD

16. Channel [v] on October 19, 2007 at 7:56 am

@www.myindiareport.in

17. […] Continue Reading […]

18. Made in china on March 19, 2010 at 8:51 am

Made in china is good ………

19. dinesh on May 6, 2010 at 10:04 pm

EXCEPT IN ONE CASE, MY ANSWERS MATCH WITH THIRD OPTIONS IN ALL OTHER CASES, LET THE SURVEY HAS ANY OBJECT, WE SHOULD BE FRANK AND RESPECT ,IF REALLY WE WISH TO GO THROUGH THIS BLOG/POST.THIS QUESTIONNAIRE APPEARS TO AN EYE OPENERS OF THE ATTITUDE ONE HAS AT THE SPECIFIED SITUATIONS AND ONE SHOULD BE CAPABLE TO VISUALIZE CONSEQUENCES IN DOWN THE LINE OF TIME FOR THEMSELVES AND THE SOCIETY IN GENERAL FOR THE OPTIONS THEY USE

20. dinesh on May 12, 2010 at 6:32 am

Except one,my answers match with third options in all other cases, let the survey has any object,we should be frank and respectful, if we really wish to go through this blog/post. This questionnaire appears to an eye openers of one’s attitude/behavior at the given situation and therefore ,one should ponde rand visualize the consequences in down the line of time for themselves and the society in general and accordingly improve the conduct/behaviour.thanks for such a thought provoking post.

21. rebecca on June 4, 2010 at 2:02 am

I do not know what kind of Indian I am. My mother and father are both dead, my grandmother belong to a tribe, but was sold to a old man, i heard he was 67 and she beard him 4 children by the age of 16. she also has died. Mostly every one in the family die aready. before she run away in the night. She was only allowed to take one, the baby because of the travel up the hill to get away. My grand father was a mean man also so she was not very nice. I heard he was appatchie, who deal in drug and other bad things.I trie two tell my kids were indian and mexican. But would like to say more, maybe someone can help me.

sincerely Rebecca

22. Anita on April 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm

nice questioner dear r u from marketing research background