Fear

July 8, 2008

Fear seems to be the underlying theme of our lives these days.

Parents fear their kids not being smart enough to make it to the good colleges. Worse, they fear their kids being too smart to care for them. Teachers fear students filing FIRs if spoken rudely to. Kids fear getting paralyzed because a reality show host talked rudely to them.

They grow old and then they start fearing bad relationships. Or jilted lovers trying to throw acid on their face, or just kill them. Not being rich enough.

Americans fear Indians taking over all their jobs. Indians fear slowdowns in the American economy affecting their rapidly increasing prosperity. America fears losing its prestige as the global policeman.

The government fears getting booted out if it does a good deed for the nation. Drivers in delhi fear getting shot by someone mad with road rage. Women fear going out alone because of the horrible law and order situation in Indian cities. Old people fear getting killed by their domestic help.

Walls street fears sub prime lending. Pfizer fears Ranbaxy. Yahoo fears Microsoft.

Yet Life Goes On. Just How Amazing is the Human Spirit.

Tags: , , , ,

9 Responses to “ Fear ”

1. Nita on July 9, 2008 at 8:03 am

I guess as long as we have are alive we are going to have these fears! Modern life is creating more of them, and so is our over active mind!! Thanks for the link btw.

2. Reema on July 13, 2008 at 10:49 am

I liked this short but so true post!!

3. amlistening on July 13, 2008 at 8:58 pm

So true!
    Interestingly, some theories believe that God is also a fear! So its a fear of God that keeps people from doing sin. A fear is good I guess

4. Shefaly on July 14, 2008 at 11:53 am

AD:

Fear and greed – the twin foundations of modern civilisations, eh?

On the other hand, this song kept returning to my head (I do not know if you are familiar with this song) and in particular, this line: “Arre yeh jeena bhi koi jeena hai Lallu!”.

Ok, I found a link. Yenjaay maadi!

5. amreekandesi on July 14, 2008 at 8:51 pm

@nita: true words. its all in the minds ;)

@reema: thanks!

@amlistening: there’s another one for the list. thanks :)

@shefaly: nice video. loved the subtitles ;)

6. [...] Continue Reading [...]

7. prerna on July 21, 2008 at 11:23 am

I think most of our fears are exaggerated. The fear is inside us and we have to find a way to overcome it.

8. testking 642-901 on June 17, 2009 at 2:13 am

I liked this short but so true post but we have to reduce this fear.

9. rajinder on December 29, 2010 at 4:59 pm

fear is a cause of many diseases also like depressions,high/low blood pressure etc. and can be avoided if mind set for life is made very positive.In nutshell, good and thought-provoking post.
    I liked it.