H4 Wives

January 2, 2009

Asha got off the Continental Boeing 747 with a constipated stomach and a flutter in her heart. She had just crossed the proverbial seven seas over a fifteen hour non stop flight from New Delhi.

She was in America.

The past two weeks had been a whirlwind. She had met Ravi on 20th Nov, and ten days later they were husband and wife.

Ravi was a strapping 30 year old vice president at Goldman Sachs. He had been lapped up from NYU’s Stern school where he had been among the top performers in his MBA class. He had managed to hold off his mother’s insistence for the past few years, but now that he had gotten the promotion he so desperately wanted, there was no stopping her.

All he had to do was take a picture with his Lexus in clean clothes and send to his tech savvy mom. She set up his profile on Shaadi.com and set about finding a suitable match for her son. A shortlist of 25 was prepared and Ravi was summoned to headquarters in Mumbai.

Of all the doctors, engineers, and finance types that his mom had shortlisted Ravi liked Asha most. They got married a week later. There was no time for a honeymoon in a two week leave.

The newly weds were in New york.

Asha used to teach math to high schoolers back in Mumbai. She would have to find work once she was in America. Alas, she didn’t know jack about the visa and related vagaries involved in living the American dream. Ravi was still a few years from getting his green card, and as his dependent, she was in the US on an H4 visa.

She was not allowed to work. Not for money. Not legally, at least.

There were three options. She could enroll in school and get the Phd she had wanted for so long.  She could wait for Ravi to get his green card which would allow her to work. She could find an employer willing to sponsor her work visa and wait till that came through. This of course wasn’t just time consuming, but also potentially involved going through a lottery.

None of these options offered an immediate solution to her problem. She needed to do something meaningful with her life. Illegal immigrants were being given citizenship and qualified professionals such as her were being subjected to the probabilistic game of a lottery. The ironies of life!

Asha did not lose her asha yet. She was an optimist, and Ravi had prepared her (somewhat) for this possibility. For now, she could just take it easy and stay home till she figured out a plan.

The first month was spent being homesick, and putting her messy Jersey City apartment in order. Her husband was smart, but his apartment looked more like a hostel. There was a lot of cleaning to be done. Soon the apartment was tide clean. Asha wasn’t homesick anymore. Now what?

Asha was lost. She felt trapped in a vortex that the US government had created for the hapless wives of immigrant workers. She wasn’t entitled to a social security number. As a consequence she could not get a credit card. She could not get a driving license. She of course couldn’t work.

They made sure dependents stayed that way.

The husband worked long hours. The wife was used to a busy life herself, but now suddenly she was stuck inside the four walls of her Newport apartment with nothing to do.

After months of desperate solitude, she managed to make a new friend. Veena lived in the same complex but it took four months for their paths to cross. Anyway, cross they did. Veena also was a H4 wife, and had been one for over two years. She was a software engineer, and had failed to get a visa this year. Thanks United States Lottery!

Asha’s life became a teeny bit more interesting. She now had someone to talk to. Someone who understood the pain she was going through. They became close friends. The long crib sessions to discuss the senseless immigration policies of the US helped mitigating the anguish she felt.

Small mercy for Asha and Veena – finding others in their position. Many H4 wives have had to live their lives in solitude with no recourse to alternatives outside the home. Socializing in new cities in a foreign culture can be tough.

American dream some might say. Ask the H4 wives.

Tags: , , ,

58 Responses to “ H4 Wives ”

1. Shefaly on January 3, 2009 at 6:59 am

AD:

The wife of one of my friends at Goldman Sachs (funny!) was featured in an article about H4 wives about 9-10 years ago. She was a very smart professional woman and she had to resort to the grad school route. Until she got fed up and her shipping tycoon dad bankrolled her many business interests. She also produced a documentary some years ago which won the Director an Oscar.

This visa issue definitely isn’t one of the smart things that the USA does. In the UK, spouses can seek work and are legally allowed to work from day one. As a result, new immigrants’ partners can be productive – and pay tax – if they wish or stay home if they desire.

If the government is generous, like in the UK, it will face some backlash. But then there will always be backlash against immigrants in every country.

This fabulous story from New York’s Metro really is worth repeating. I was told this by a friend who swears this was witnessed by him:

An old woman entered the metro and found it crowded with no seat for her. A young man, clearly an FOB, stood up and offered her his seat. She however could not find any generosity in her heart and let loose a barrage of abuse about immigrants. Nobody said anything, as is the case in NY. She then directed her attention to the said young man and said: “Why don’t you go back where you came from?”. Without batting an eyelid or losing a second, the young man said: “Madam, you came first, you go first!”.

Touché! :-)

2. Philip on January 3, 2009 at 8:28 am

One of my friend’s wife is also in a similar dilemma. She’s a MBA(HR) and has more than 3 years working experience in a blue chip company in India. Nowadays, she is a stay at home wife in the US. All courtesy the visa rules.

There could be thousands of such people out there. Harnessing such resources could do a lot of positives to the American economy. Its just a criminal waste of talent.

3. prerna on January 3, 2009 at 8:50 am

AD, don’t these women know what is in store for them once they reach USA? And if they know it and are ready to live like that, it is OK, I guess.

4. amlistening on January 3, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Prerna, Its not!..obviously you have not experienced it :)
    I agree with Philip…i hope Obama is listening…
    Amreekandesi…thanks for publishing this. I had felt all this but thought it would sound like cribbing if I wrote about it but you have put it in good words.

5. My3 on January 3, 2009 at 2:23 pm

It is perhaps a little naive to think that people in India do not know that H4 spouses cannot work. Not in today’s electronic age. I agree with everything else. Work to pay taxes, work because the spouses come with high degrees…. But not that they had NO clue about visas :-). And as for Obama heck, he has bigger things on his plate dontcha ya think ;-)

6. amreekandesi on January 3, 2009 at 6:53 pm

@Shefaly – I did not know that the UK allows dependents to work. Actually in the US too, spouses of people of L1 visa (‘internal transfer’) are allowed to work, but not for H1 holders. There’s some inconsistency right there.

Interesting stories about your friend, and the metro incident. Fortunately i haven’t yet encountered such blatant hatred, but incidents such as this are disturbing, regardless of this person’s excellent repartee.

@Philip – Indeed it is a waste of talent on the part of the US government. I know of people who stay in the US illegally, and then they apply for a citizenship lottery, and actually become citizens. On the other hand, well trained professionals that could contribute to the economy are left to fend for themselves.

@Prerna – Maybe they have an idea, but think that they will be able to figure out a way around it. Regardless, just the fact that they knew beforehand that they are not allowed to be productive doesnt really help.

@Amlistening – Glad you liked this post :)

@My3 – Its not that people dont know beforehand. They do. But maybe they dont realise the enormity of this condition till they are actually here. This country needs immigration reform, and not just for the H4 visas.

7. amit on January 4, 2009 at 8:56 am

I too know of a few such H4 wives. Some of them are my very good friends and worked back here in India, but now they don’t have any choice. Its sad to hear their stories at times.

8. amreekandesi on January 4, 2009 at 10:33 pm

@Amit – Indeed. That was the point of this post. I personally know many such cases. This facet of (immigrant) life in the US is a very important one, and i wanted to bring this out.

9. Poonam on January 5, 2009 at 12:19 am

H4 wifes! FOr a while, I thought i was redaing a story in ‘Sakhi’s lagukatha’ in my reader. Since when did you start writing short stories? And do you ahve a H4 spouse too? :P

10. Vikram on January 5, 2009 at 12:37 pm

I think, in general American’s tend to be very touchy about their white collar jobs. There seems to be a widespread perception here that foreigners are hired only because they are cheap and can be given less benefits (which isnt entirely untrue).

I think the best thing to do is to get a quick Masters from a local college and get a change of status. I dont see how these wives can lobby for a change in rules.

11. Destination Infinity on January 5, 2009 at 3:02 pm

The urge for the parents to get their daughters married off to American guys is so high that they don’t even visualize what is going to happen after marriage. I think social status and gossips are more important for people here, than the ground realities. But what is surprising is, why don’t the girls foresee such things and prepare for them before the marriage?

Destination Infinity

12. Kiran on January 5, 2009 at 5:08 pm

:) Glad you’ve brought out a topic that is eating some of the H4 visa holder’s alive! I am one of them, but glad to say that I am currently almost completing my MBA. So I would hv an option of working for a year without obligations. Meantime, it is difficult to get a H1B which is more like a lottery these days. Last option would be Hubby filing for a green card under Malaysian quota which would be processed faster (max 2.5 years). Till then, I am happy to be a SAHW.

13. Mysoul on January 6, 2009 at 12:35 am

Been there, done that and still alive, cant vouch for my sanity though. Then realized, I could volunteer if I got a driver’s license(this was the 1990’s, things are very different for a girl coming in now, thank heavens)… Also this was the time I caught up on all the reading I couldnt do while in India, learned a few things that I thought was “beneath” a working woman. Over all it was a lesson in tempering my Ego, learning to become aware, learning about myself and the general resilience of human beings. And now, my faith in the Almighty might falter every now and then but not my faith in the Human ability to Adapt.

You have a pretty good grasp of how a woman feels. Kudos to you.

14. amreekandesi on January 6, 2009 at 2:09 am

@Poonam – I started this blog with the intention of writing short stories pertaining to the lives of Indians in India and abroad. You can check out stories i have written yet here.

@Vikram – Yes, getting into school is one of the better options, but it is certainly not quick. First the admission process itself takes a lot of time, and then of course the masters program would take its due course of time.

@DI – Why is this the parents’ responsibility? You are making the big assumption that these are forced weddings – nobody does that anymore. People get married because they want to, even if they know that life is going to get complicated later on. In matters of the heart, practical issues sometimes take a backseat ;)

@Kiran – Nice. You seem to be making the best of the situation. The malaysian green card quota is certainly going to make life much less complicated for you guys!

@Mysoul – You are an example on how to deal with this situation! Kudos to you :)
    (Thanks for the appreciation!)

15. Swetha Iyer on January 6, 2009 at 11:02 pm

AD – Very nice insightful short story. Your attention to small details is very wonderful

Coming to the purport, however, I would agree with My3. A woman who is quite well educated and employed here, I am sure, will take the effort to understand what it would mean to relocate to another country. One can surely find out what all a H4 wive is entitled to & curtailed off.

All said and done, being at home is not that bad a bargain if you know how to wisely make use of your time. Believe me, a short stay at home brings lots of things into perspective and for newly weds this will be an amazing time to bond together. :)

16. amreekandesi on January 7, 2009 at 12:39 pm

@Swetha – Thanks for the appreciation.

I am not saying that these women didn’t know what was in store for them. They did. And yet they came over. The other reasons (love?) were bigger than this technicality. They eventually figure out some way out of the boredom, but the first few months can be very hard.

Like you said, being at home for a little while can be a great break and give you time to do things you wanted to do, but never had the time for.

17. Shivya on January 8, 2009 at 11:28 am

Illuminating article and very well written. A new perspective on the American dream, really. I hope the promise for change accommodates them too. Quite a waste I say.

18. H4wife on January 15, 2009 at 2:18 am

Wow! It seems like someone wrote my story. I got married to an H1b just last September and needless to say, its been very difficult. Initial two months went by in settling in and getting used to each others presence. But now, I feel as if everyday a part of me is slipping away. I have a Bachelors degree and used to work, but none of the talks I had with my husband before getting married prepared me for living a dependent’s life. Getting another degree is such an expensive option, especially right now with all the wedding bills. Plus, I live in this weird quiet new development that is a world away from all activities, and I don’t have a driver’s license.

Now, I find myself staring blankly at the walls. Afterall, if one’s heart is elsewhere trying to find purpose of life or why I agreed to marry an H1b, it doesn’t matter how many books I can read or cleaning I can do to kill time :(

19. h4 on January 19, 2009 at 2:50 am

stay at home and have lots and lots of citizen kids…!

20. amreekandesi on January 19, 2009 at 1:08 pm

@Shivya – Thanks for the appreciation!

@H4Wife – This is the story of every H4 wife probably. They all face the same issues you are, and it is very frustrating. I would try to find some work to do – be it some sort of volunteer work,join a research group, try writing, or head to grad school.

@h4 – That’s one approach! The good part is that kids are citizens so no visa hassles for them.

21. […] Continue reading on amreekandesi.com […]

22. Jennifer on January 20, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Nice story. I also know few wives in this situation.
    What are the visa rules around a H4 wife starting up their own business? Maybe without a SSN (which I did not know) can be a challenge.
    And it is true about the master’s degree- the other thing to keep in mind that yes, taking a master’s program keeps one busy but, especially in this economy doesn’t assure a job will be so easy to get once graduated. Getting another degree may not be required to get a job here, though going to college does keep one busy!

One thought I have had is that many who want to come to America, possibly even H4 wives from India will think that coming to America is a ‘dream life’ or will make life easier- not so crowded, no power cuts or water problems (in most areas), etc. But is it really a dream to come abroad to be in a house alone all day, unable to work or really go out unless you are very outgoing to talk to others – and face cross cultural challenges etc. ON top of this no family nearby. This definitely makes life challenging…

23. amreekandesi on January 21, 2009 at 5:11 am

@Jennifer – Thanks.

I dont think running a business is permitted, because you will officially be earning money. Besides, banks wont probably even open an account without an SSN, which you dont get on H4 visas.

You raise a good point about the futility of the pursuit of the american dream in such cases. Indeed, because of issues such as these, many people probably dont consider coming to the US. The ones who do have their own reasons. But definitely, the work related problems, and cultural and personal issues do make it a very hard move for anybody.

24. gauri on January 27, 2009 at 11:38 am

Glad someone brought this up. I didn’t come here on H4, but I have lived the travails of not being able to work out of visa issues. And it’s something that hits you only once you are halfway through it.

Interestingly, journalists back home have undertaken the project of looking into the lives of H4 wives, what goes through their minds, how it affects relationships etc. I have a questionnaire that would help them collect data. Do let me know if anyone would be interested. If you wish, I could mail it to you and you could put it up as a link.

Nice place; I like the issues you touch. Will be back for sure.

-g

25. amreekandesi on January 27, 2009 at 3:46 pm

@Gauri – Welcome to Amreekandesi! Glad that you liked my work. Look forward to seeing you around :)

26. kaisen on February 2, 2009 at 3:19 pm

It’s is not a good position to be in especially when it is foisted on you.I think as an H$ person you can get a Tax Id number TIN and based on the get a driver’s license.
    Here is some info, you’ll have to copy and paste in your browser.

Best of luck

27. Dinesh on February 5, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Very nice story, I mean it is a real story that happens everywhere in the US. It is not really exciting to be on H4, I guess it is the dream of America, the green card and a prosperous life that pulls them here. However, the H4 thing is a path they chose, so they are solely responsible for that.

28. amreekandesi on February 15, 2009 at 2:40 am

@Kaisen – Thanks for the tip.

@Dinesh – Glad you liked the story!

29. H4 Husbands | amreekandesi.com on March 6, 2009 at 4:31 pm

[…] and Ravi were a happy couple. After an agonizing year and a half of misery living as an H4 wife, Asha had finally got her H1 visa. She had found a job with a high school in New York city who […]

30. Pagal_Aadmi_for_debauchery on April 19, 2009 at 9:26 am

” She wasn’t entitled to a social security number. As a consequence she could not get a credit card. She could not get a driving license ”

The driving license part is simply untrue.

31. amreekandesi on April 19, 2009 at 1:39 pm

@Pagal Aadmi – I have heard different versions on that. Some people got theirs, some didn’t, some did after a lot of trouble.

32. Priya on April 23, 2009 at 4:52 pm

I came on an H4, joined grad school more than a year and a half later…it took me that much time to make sense of where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do with my life…I graduate this weekend and am glad I pursued this option. Btw, someone commented about the costs of grad school and I want to say I got a free ride because I applied for an F1 visa…I took the gmat, got a decent score and a local school offered me a graduate assistantship based on my gmat score and prior work exp…it took me long to figure all this out, so dont sit and wait for things to happen to u..go out, research and make it happen..good luck!

33. amreekandesi on April 24, 2009 at 12:41 pm

@Priya – Thanks for sharing your story. Congrats on the graduation!

34. Sabera on April 27, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Great post amreekandesi. You seem to have a good grasp of what an educated woman goes through in such a situation. I myself got here 5 months ago on an H4, and have been experiencing the same stress. I’m an MBA from one of the top 5 B-schools in India and had a brilliantly paying job before I got here. The decision to give it all up and come here was difficult, but it was a personal choice I had to make. If you’ve been in one, long distance relationships are probably more stressful than the stress one feels when here on an H4. I was given the advice of involving myself with something related to my profession as soon as possible. I’ve been volunteering with the American Marketing association and the YWCA. And unlike in your post, I did get a credit card and am currently learning to drive. :-) Like MySoul above, I’m taking this time to learn more about myself, and doing the things I otherwise never had the time to do as a professional (check out my cooking blog!). It’s a struggle, but a positive journey nevertheless. Good luck to everyone in the same boat!

35. amlistening on May 9, 2009 at 6:06 pm

@Sabera
    Hi, I am glad you shared your thoughts as I had been in a similar situation. I also left not only a brilliantly paying job but also a great workplace. It was a personal choice too. In fact I was strictly against a long distance relationship and thus made sure that we take care of all visa issues forehand to avoid being away from my spouse. Even after marriage, we took certain decisions in favor of staying together. For all this I respect my husband even more as he was always supportive.
    I remember people telling me that I was doing too much and should take things easy but i am glad I took all that effort before marriage. I had seen some friends go through this and wanted to learn from their experiences.
    The ride wasnt smooth at all…. even after months of planning and preparation. I would advice all Would-be-Mrs. H1Bs to prepare/study/ apply in advance. I would not discourage anyone but if you see it coming, least we can do is prepare whatever we can, for it.

36. mia on June 28, 2009 at 12:31 am

Hi, I’ve got my H4 visa back in 2003. The same year after a few months I applied for SSN and I,ve got my social too because i needed a driver license. After a few years i tried to apply for a work and I’ve got that too. Actually employer asked me to call a homeland security office so they sent information about me and they let me to work so I stayed to work for the company. Could someone tell me please, is something wrong with it? Because we applied for green card and already approved for I-140, Can be a problem for me in the future???

37. 642-974 on June 29, 2009 at 3:04 am

Great post amreekandesi. Thanks for sharing your story. its really nice article i ever seen.

38. ss on July 31, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Hey gr8 post….
    Lot of people say that why come to US on H4 if you know that you cant wrk…but there are situations I have seen where the Husband has to move to the US a year or 2 after the mirrage so what is the wife suppose to do…stay back and work in india and have a long distance relationship for god knows how long…..I think if both husband and wife r in IT profession its really difficult for each one to keep their jobs with out any obstacles thats just the way it is…frustating ….

39. dinesh on January 1, 2010 at 12:29 am

Thanks for such an informative post. What then such h4 wife can do ….. to take care of her partner and also develop/learn skills while at home, which will help her to settle in life comfortably and that also becoming a source of income later on.
    In case it is decided to stay there for a number of years , best way might be to go for further studies.
    Such explained issues/facts should be brought in the knowledge of Indian Govt. for taking up the matter with American government to allow h4 wives also to work in USA according to their skill/experience and educational/technical knowledge/background.Once initiated, Success will definitely be achieved,let some one take the lead and I wish them good luck…

40. RAJINDER on January 15, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Nice suggestion by dinesh and suitable forum should take up with INDIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY the employment issue raised in the post, which very aptly describes the plight of such wives.

Thanks for highlighting important issues

41. Freeheart on January 16, 2010 at 12:20 am

I just happened on this site..I am on H4 because I had to quit my job to be with my husband and could not find a job in time.I did it for our life together.
    I just want to say that I appreciate how many of these women or men sacrifice so much.It is not easy to understand how difficult it is unless you are on the same boat.
    There are so many out there who callously dismiss them saying they knew what they were getting into. Yes you are right ,but that does not make the heart any less lighter or lonely knowing that you are an accomplished professional yet you are not allowed to contribute .Even studying is not cheap here ,not everyone can afford it. And just because a woman is not working doesn’t mean you should have kids.what kind of twisted logic is that!!
    Hang in there all of you H4 wives and Husbands ,do not feel small ,for most of you ,your sacrifice is your admission of love to your spouse and your contribution to your life together much more than money or any material thing.Hope you find comfort in that and I hope that you find your silver lining much sooner than later.

42. pk on January 21, 2010 at 3:47 am

I am a single girl and I came to US to do my MS and now I am working on H1B visa. It was not an easy ride, to manage tution, then job hunting and I do not have any relatives here. So it was all by myself, I am managing my life and I am happy about it. I do not understand why can’t H4 visa holders just go to school here and then work?..Afterall, thats what their spouses did in most cases. Aftreall, if they had a life i India, it means they are independent enough to live the same life here.

It is a struggle to manage life here in US as a single person with immigration, job etc. At least for H4 people, they dont have to worry about paying for groceries, rent, keeping job etc. Their husband take care of it. I think they should be happy with it and if they are not happy with it, then go and find some school, some company to sponsor your visa, instead of complaining about the system.

I agree that the system is not very friendlly towards H4, but it is not like they are never ever going to find work. You guys just need to stop blaming system, feeling sorry for urself and get moving.

Also I dont think anyone is sacrificing anything here. You wanted to come to US, so you came. I dont think anybody forced you to quit your job in india and come to US. It was your personal choice.

There are lots of opportunities in this country if someone really wants to work/study and you just need to look around to find it.

43. Aparna on February 12, 2010 at 2:13 am

I’ve come a long way from being on H-4 to F-1 to H-1 to a EAD holder and today, this post made me realize that I haven’t thought about my H-4 days for a long time! Now with work and everything, I wish I could go back to my H4 days..LOL.
    I outsmarted the US govt my finishing most of my Masters under H-4 ( in state tuition and all) and then changed to F-1 in my last sem. If there is any immigration Karma, it’ll come and bite me later I guess.
    BTW, of course folks on H-4 can get a drivers license.

44. Prince Bollywood Movie on March 6, 2010 at 2:09 pm

That was a pity sounding news to hear. Being in solitude is like suffering in the hell. Hope these women are saved.

45. luis on April 2, 2010 at 4:14 am

Thank you Freeheart..I am feeling -so much better after reading your post!!..:)

46. luis on April 2, 2010 at 4:27 am

Thank you Freeheart..I am feeling so much better after reading your post!!..:)..Its very easy to say people knew what they were getting into..but the actual reality strikes in all its intensity only when one experiences it. Also, some times one has to make a choice to come here in spite of knowing the conditions of H4 due to lot of other circumstances. Its so difficult to put life on hold and just sit within 4 walls especially when one is well qualified and had a good career back in India. Its really a sacrifice we would have chosen to make due to many reasons. It may not always be “The American Dream” for which we are here. However, I have heard many stories where people had to sit at home initially for few years after which things changed and they did find good jobs and are happy to be here. I guess its the passing phase which is tough, when we cannot look beyond the present situation. So I would say to all H4 holders like me, to just consider for a moment, that no matter what..life always changes and there is every possibility of it changing for better..its just a matter of time. Meanwhile, its time to do all the things we wished to do.. if only we had time :)

47. Sonia on June 17, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Friends,

We all are aware of the identity crisis that many girls experience after they get married and come to the United States of America on a dependent visa, famously or infamously known as H-4 visa, which not only imposes restrictions on working and having an independent source of income, but might also involve an agonizing wait to earn an authorized work permit that renders the official rights to work in America.The alarming number of stories about depression and loneliness experienced by H-4 wives inspired me to find a medium that’ll allow me to share my secret of leading a life full of happiness and sheer bliss while being on a dependent visa. And I thought the best medium to deliver my message would be through a book.

My book “H-4 Fortune Cookies” is dedicated to all the H-4 wives who believe that “life is a struggle” in a new country, especially when it involves leaving behind a well paying job, a stable career, or promising educational achievements in their respective home countries. It is for those who believe that they are not free despite living in a free country – “The Land of Opportunity”; that they have sacrificed and surrendered a significant part of themselves to their restrictive immigration statuses. It contains 50 Inspirational Thoughts written by me, who was fortunate enough to have enjoyed every moment being a H-4 wife!

I want to share my good fortune with all the H-4 wives in the form of these 50 Fortune Cookies that stood by me during tough times. I sincerely hope that the thoughts in my book spark a ray of hope in the lives of all those wives who left their homelands to be in a progressive country, yet feel constrained due to their immigration statuses. I deeply desire to liberate all the H-4 wives from their mental inhibitions and inspire them to realize their dreams while being on a dependent visa. Share the good fortune by passing along these fortune cookies that are stocked with a lot of goodness and hope for all those who need a fresh perspective about “life on H-4”.

My book is available in the form of an e-book and can be downloaded from the following link:

Experience the joy in spreading hope & inspiration through the fortune cookies in my book!

Lots of Happiness & Light
    Sonia

• Sonia on June 17, 2010 at 11:57 pm

H-4 Fortune Cookies: 50 Inspirational Thoughts That Will Transform Your Perceptions About Leading Life On A Dependent Visa

Experience the joy in spreading hope & inspiration through the fortune cookies contained in my e-book which is available for download at

Lots of Happiness & Light
      Sonia

• Sonia on January 17, 2011 at 12:16 pm

My Book is now available for FREE and can be downloaded from the following link:

48. Tycoon on August 10, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Wow this a great post, that I gladly stumbled through from Google.

Thank you.

49. Northern Virginia Weddings on August 22, 2010 at 11:14 pm

: ) that is definitely one way to observe that ;)

50. Raymond Ballenger on November 30, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I realy liked this innovative angle that you have on the topic. I wasnt thinking on this at the time I started searching for tips. Your ideas was totally easy to get. Im glad to find out that there’s an person online that gets it on the spot what its is talking about.