Kylie Does Bollywood

September 21, 2009

There’s a new song in town.

Not just any song, but a Kylie Minogue song. For a Bollywood flick.

Yes sirs, the same Kylie Minogue who gave us Red blooded Woman and Cant get you out of my head. The same Kylie whose album has stayed on my ipod for a couple years now, when others came and went away.

As excited as i was, the song came across as a bummer. The movie is called Blue, the song is titled, of all titles, Chiggy Wiggy, and the music has been composed by AR Oscar Rehman.

“Three days – that’s all it took,” she revealed. “I presented Rahman the award at the BAFTA, next day we met to discuss the concept of the song and the lyrics, the third day we recorded! [link]

Maybe they should have spent a little more than the three days on the song. It could have been a completely different story, and a much nicer one at that.

It may not be the worst song doing the rounds, but certainly not what you expect from the promising team of Rehman and Minogue. Not when you could buy a few singers for life for what her highness was paid for the song.

A million dollars. That’s about Rs 5 crore!

If Shashi Tharoor’s suite cost $1000 a night, then he could live in five star luxury for three years for that sort of moolah. Not too long back, Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja gained fame as the most expensive movie ever. The total cost of the movie, if i remember correctly, about $2 million.

I mean, if you are spending so much on a song, at least give it a better title than the ridiculous Chiggy Wiggy. And maybe even some lyrics.

As it turns out, the Rs 125 crore movie has gotten too expensive for distributors, and seems to be in a bit of a soup. As reported here, looks like the millions dollar song might even end up getting panned.

Seems like Blue is in for the Blues.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

22 Responses to “ Kylie Does Bollywood ”

1. kavi on September 21, 2009 at 4:58 am

Crazy times ! Crazy times.

And i have been able to get this song out of my head. With not much effort. Actually !

• Kareena Kapoor on April 1, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Kylie is one of my favorite singers from Hollywood..

2. Smitha on September 21, 2009 at 6:54 am

It is crazy indeed. You are right, for the amount of money spent on the song, and given the fact that it has AR Rehman and Kylie associated with it – we would have expected something much much better..

3. Vinod Sharma on September 21, 2009 at 8:03 am

Kylie is no longer what she was. For $ 3 million, they could have got better!

4. Solilo on September 21, 2009 at 6:39 pm

The kind of money spent on our movies and actors..Sigh! I will never understand.

Recently read that SRK gets 100 crore for a film. :|

5. Philip on September 21, 2009 at 8:18 pm

the song is fine till sonu nigam enters with his stupid punjabi lyrics and the bhangra music.

can someone please get rid of the bhangra music from the hindi movies please? we are sick of listening to that crap now.

6. amreekandesi on September 23, 2009 at 9:24 pm

@Kavi – Yes, such a waste!

@Smitha – Yups, absolutely agree.

@Vinod – Yes, they could have asked me to sing for that much money. I would have taken the entire family along as a freebie!

@Solilo – 100 crores! That’s too much.
    Actors, and cricketers! Overpaid for the kind of work they do. (The big ones that is. The others just languish in their struggling lives)

@Philip – I think you are being unfair to punjabi music. Bhangra is far from crap.

For this song, Sonu Nigam’s part somehow didnt fit in, and the whole Akshay Kumar entry in the video just seemed stupid.

7. R.D.B. on September 24, 2009 at 5:35 pm

strange, how did I miss it? gotta hear it after so many people talking… man itz the talk of bolly town , is it?!!??

8. […] post: Kylie Does Bollywood | AmreekanDesi Translate this […]

9. Akshay on September 26, 2009 at 8:12 am

The song suxx. It’s jarring and insipid . But the other songs in the album are far better, especially the Sukhwinder Singh -Shreya Ghoshal duet.

And the less said about the video the better. Most Bollywood music videos are crap anyway. :lol: . And what a title. “Chiggy Wiggy” :lol:

Most the music of Kylie Minogue and the other artistes of her ilk is just cheesy westernized garbage.

Among western genres, I’ve always found Rap a lot more stimulating overall.
    Eminem-is-cool \m/ 8)

10. amreekandesi on September 26, 2009 at 11:57 pm

@RDB – It probably was the talk of the town initially, but i hardly even hear it on the radio now.

@Akshay – I heard some of the songs in the album, but not all. I’ll give them a shot on your recommendation :)

And with music, I suppose we all have our preferences. Eminem is cool, but Kylie Minogue has given us some awesome songs as well.

11. Puneet on September 27, 2009 at 1:04 am

I’m in shock. I wanna “chiggy wiggy with u”. Seriously? CHIGGY WIGGY?!?

12. amreekandesi on September 27, 2009 at 11:14 pm

@Puneet – haha…exactly my reaction on hearing the song!

The more i hear the song, the more i notice the weirdness of the whole thing! For example, the oye oye of Sonu Nigam at the end of the song (in the full version) sounds sillier than anything else doing the rounds these days.

13. Vats Thakur on October 9, 2009 at 1:20 am

Really nice song.
    Follow me at Twitter – Vats Thakur

14. Tony greg on December 16, 2009 at 11:10 pm

amazing song I like this

15. Taylor on March 2, 2010 at 11:27 am

I really see many people talking about it. The song being associated with two great legends and the making of the song looked really great. I liked it. But didnt know that so much money was spent for it.
    Thanks for the information.

16. sonu on May 30, 2010 at 5:39 pm

sonu nigam did good from his side .he can’t do anthing if the lyrics is stupid.

17. online bollywood movies on July 24, 2010 at 2:05 pm

the song is from Sonu Nigam with his words stupid and Punjabi bhangra music. can someone please rid of Hindi film music bhangra please? we are tired of hearing this shit.

18. Cordie Brodhurst on September 26, 2010 at 5:14 am

Kylie Minogue’s new record, ‘Get Outta My Way’ from her latest album ‘Aphrodite,’ is sure to burn up the dance floor and the charts. She is definite with her UK tour early 2011 to promote this album

19. latest bollywood on March 6, 2011 at 4:00 pm

wow what a great song!!! i love this song

20. latest in bollywood on May 15, 2011 at 5:40 pm

lovely song.
    bookmarked

21. 1200 calorie diet plan on July 10, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Hey, this is brilliant report. I truly liked. But there are many of off topic comments. I seriously suggest you to eliminate or something like that. That’s only my opinion. All the best !!