The Joys of Life At A Big Corporate – Part I

February 28, 2010

Every once in a while somebody sends out an email to a mailing list that turns out  to span the entire office. Very often this results in a barrage of emails from people asking to be removed from this mailing list. Fun begins when the thread explodes with people asking others to refrain from ‘replying-to-all’, while ironically doing the same!

The joys of such exchanges can truly brighten up what may have been a boring day till then!

(Read the following email thread from bottom to top – the way email threads are meant to be read)

From: Hero no 1
Sent: 18 February 2010 4:02 PM
To: Hero no 1; Hero no 2; Hero no 3;  Hero no 4; Hero no 5; Hero no 6; Hero no 7; Hero no 8; Hero no 9; Hero no 10; Hero no 11; Hero no 12; Hero no 13; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

Thanks everybody for your responses. I was able to get access to the gym from the admin team :)
From: Hero no 13
Sent: 18 February 2010 1:41 PM
To: Hero no 1; Hero no 2; Hero no 3;  Hero no 4; Hero no 5; Hero no 6; Hero no 7; Hero no 8; Hero no 9; Hero no 10; Hero no 11; Hero no 12; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

Has everybody absolutely lost their mind?

Who cares about the stupid gym anyway? The treadmill doesnt even work.
From: Hero no 12
Sent: 18 February 2010 1:40 PM
To: Hero no 1; Hero no 2; Hero no 3;  Hero no 4; Hero no 5; Hero no 6; Hero no 7; Hero no 8; Hero no 9; Hero no 10; Hero no 11; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

It seems this is some game… Everyone replying please – “Please stop sending mail”

Better follow what you guys think best to stop this chain. Else many need to waste their time to read this and delete the spam.

From: Hero no 11
Sent: 18 February 2010 1:32 PM
To: Hero no 1; Hero no 2; Hero no 3; Hero no 4; Hero no 5; Hero no 6; Hero no 7; Hero no 8; Hero no 9; Hero no 10; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

For God Sake just reply back to the sender, do not disturb others please

From: Hero no 10
Sent: 18 February 2010 1:30 PM
To: #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

I am sure the best we can do right now is we don’t actually reply to these mails :)

Hero no 10

PS:  Please don’t print this e-mail unless you really need to.

From: Hero no 9
Sent: 18 February 2010 1:26 PM
To: Hero no 1; Hero no 2; Hero no 3;  Hero no 4; Hero no 5; Hero no 6; Hero no 7; Hero no 8; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

If you can fix this bug that is driving me crazier than this email thread, then i promise i will build a gym for you.

From: Hero no 8
Sent: 18 February 2010 1:24 PM
To: Hero no 1; Hero no 2; Hero no 3;  Hero no 4; Hero no 5; Hero no 6; Hero no 7; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

Please do not reply to all.
From: Hero no 7
Sent: 18 February 2010 1:24 PM
To: Hero no 1; Hero no 2; Hero no 3;  Hero no 4; Hero no 5; Hero no 6; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE:Permission to use office gym

I dont think i have privileges to grant this permission to you. Please check with my manager.
From: Hero no 6
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:19 PM
To: Hero no 1; Hero no 2; Hero no 3;  Hero no 4; Hero no 5; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

Same here. Please review the email address. Thanks and Regards,

Hero no 6
From: Hero no 5
Sent: 18 February 2010 13:19
To: Hero no 1; Hero no 2; Hero no 3; Hero no 4; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

Ditto here. Please review the email addresses.

Hero no 5
From: Hero no 4
Sent: 18 February 2010 13:18
To: Hero no 1; Hero no 2; Hero no 3; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

Bingo!

Hero no 4
From: Hero no 3
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 13:18
To: Hero no 2, Hero no 1, #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

I feel #India Office Admin is wrongly mapped to bigger audience.

Regards,
Hero no 3

From: Hero no 2
Sent: 18 February 2010 13:18
To: Hero no 1; #India Office Admin
Subject: RE: Permission to use office gym

Dear all,

Kindly note u have emailed to the wrong mail id. Kindly check.

Regards,
Hero no 2

From: Hero no 1
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:17 PM
To:  #India Office Admin
Subject: Permission to use office gym

Hi,

Please give me access to use the office gym.

My details:
Name: Hero no 1
bla bla bla

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “ The Joys of Life At A Big Corporate – Part I ”

1. dinu on February 28, 2010 at 8:02 pm

awesome :D I have seen stuff like this couple of time :)

2. amreekandesi on February 28, 2010 at 10:58 pm

@Dinu – :)

3. Smitha on March 1, 2010 at 12:31 am

LOL! You sure brought back memories from a previous life for me :)

4. mesingh on March 1, 2010 at 1:12 am

LOL !!

5. Zahra on March 1, 2010 at 11:59 am

Ahhhh…a past life experience!! :D

There were days when I used to live for episodes like these… ;P

6. xylene on March 1, 2010 at 11:04 pm

haha. I know, all I do with spammers is to send them to a separate folder, which I can read at leisure.

And there was one office spammer who used to have this as his signature “if you do not wish to receive emails from me, please reply back!” A spammer with ethics !

7. kavi on March 2, 2010 at 8:42 am

‘Reply All’ sometimes can turn out to be the best of laughter generating inventions. And in this case, it seems to have been a very healthy laugh !

8. Hindi Radio on March 2, 2010 at 11:06 am

haha yes you are right this can be a really fun. I also came across such kind of email which was released as a in house email of some big company, I forget the name. But yest it was also funny as this one! hehe

9. Prince Movie on March 2, 2010 at 11:40 am

I like the way you quoted them. Really it is fun reading them as hero1, hero2, etc. haha.
    Well written and posted.
    Keep posting like this. really interesting.

10. shail on March 3, 2010 at 9:39 am

That was hilarious! :)

11. latasuksham on March 4, 2010 at 12:46 pm

This is interesting.

12. RAJINDER on March 8, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I liked the presentation.pl. keep it up

13. freaky guru on March 8, 2010 at 10:14 pm

LOL! So…did they got the permission to use the office Gym? Or was it just a spam series. Anyway liked this a lot.

14. IdeaSmith on March 10, 2010 at 12:07 am

LOL! Entirely by mistake, I once sent out a ‘Client visiting office. Observe protocol’ email to the All Employees mail group instead of of All Mumbai Client Servicing Employees mail group. I was deleting angry/funny replies for days after that!

15. Shailesh Ghimire on March 10, 2010 at 3:18 am

This is too funny. I remember this happening in the old list servs I used to belong to.

16. thefob on March 13, 2010 at 6:59 am

I just entered corporate life and could sure identify with this, haha. Good read :)

17. Made in china on March 19, 2010 at 8:00 am

18. Banners Belfast on January 3, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Pretty interesting post. Could not be written any better. Browsing this post reminds me of my old friend. He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Am sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing