Man of Steel Finally Gets His Underwear Right
I watched Man of Steel last night. Entertaining movie. Go watch it if you like to watch buildings blowing up, people flying at supersonic speeds or cars being thrown like they were matchboxes.
This is not a review, just a collection of random thoughts as i watched the movie.
1. Hrithik Roshan has bigger muscles than this Superman.
2. What’s with all Hollywood action movies and their fascination with other species bringing in fancy machines that convert Earth into their planet? Give me the good old human villians who just want a few trillion dollars as ransom and the hero’s girlfriend.
3. Finally the dude figured out that the underwear goes inside.
4. That cape is awesome. Wear it during the day. Use it like a bed-sheet at night.
5. This journalist (Louis Lane) got the story of her life. The biggest story in the history of manking even, and gave it up because Superman invoked the compassionate human in her. She’d never get a job at an Indian news channel.
6. Superman’s human dad died while saving his dog’s life, while he watched, so that the world didn’t come to know of his, err special abilities. That just sounds like screwed up priorities all around. On the other hand, Maneka ji would be so proud.
7. This dude sitting next to me is reeking of beer. How I wish Superman would come and spray his mouth with a deodorant.
8. It won’t be the American army if they didn’t keep firing missiles at the one guy who can save all of mankind.
9. The world is about to end. Camera pans to anxious people in America, China and Mexico. No India. What! There’s people waiting outside Tajmahal anxiously looking at the skies. Come on now, this is just disrespectful. You don’t want to make Soniaji or Manmohan ji angry.
10. Imagine if everybody could fly. No traffic jams in Gurgaon anymore. We’ll just fight it out in the skies. Dilli wallas are always on cloud nine anyway.
11. After destroying half of Manhattan (or whatever it was), Superman freaks out when the bad guy threatens to kill a family. Come on, there were people inside those buildings you demolished.
12. What’s a superhero who doesn’t get into a french-kiss right after saving the world? Shaktiman.
13. Superman’s Krypton wale dad packed him off into space so that he could carry their race forward and one day rebuild their destroying planet. In the end, Superman ends up destroying all hope of that ever happening, to save the humans. Well played.
Watch the official trailer here.